Sana Polytechnic Coll Read more [...]
GBC Road | Affiliated To : Acharya N G Ranga Agricultural University, Hyderabad | Ownership : Government |
The Agricultural College, Bapatla owes its inception much to the earnestness and dynamism of Sir S V Ramamurthi, ICS, Advisor to the Governor of the erstwhile Madras State and Late Dr B V Nath, Director of Agriculture, Madras and was started at Bapatla on 11 July 1945 with Sri C R Srinivasa Iyengar as its first Principal. In his inaugural speech Sri Ramamurthi nas stated that ‘Cultivate Faith with Seeds of Vision to Yield Fruits of Action’.
Late Sri P V Krishnaiah Choudary, the then President of the District Board, Guntur leased out the local District Board High School to house the Agricultural College, with an option to acquire it later. The Andhra University Team led by Late Sir C R Reddy inspected the college and recommended its affiliation to the Andhra University from December 1945. The first batch of students completed their course and took their degree in 1948 from the Andhra University, Waltair. An area of 328 acres was acquired on Bapatla – Guntur road in the year 1950.
Recognition was given to the college to start M.Sc (Ag) by research from 1951. The year 1964 witnessed a turning point in the progress and destiny of this college consequent on it’s transfer to the control of Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University which was established under the dynamic leadership of Sri O Pulla Reddy, ICS (Retd.) as its first Vice-Chancellor. Another innovation adopted by the University was adoption of Trimester System together with Internal Assessment System and Advisory System for improving the quality of instruction and evaluation of students’ performance. The trimester system was replaced by semester system in 1972.