Musheerabad, Secunderabad | Affiliated To : NTR University of Health Sciences |
Gandhi Medical College, located in Musheerabad, Secunderabad and was established in 1954. It has progressed to King Edward Memorial Hospital in 1913 and has grown into a teaching hospital in 1958 for Gandhi Medical College. This college was recognized by MCI in 1956. This college is affiliated to NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada and recognized by the Medical Council of India. Gandhi Medical College offers courses at Undergraduate, Postgraduate Level. Besides, also offers courses in Management. The college also offers MD, MS, PG Diploma and Super Specialty courses respectively.
Quick Navigation to Courses Offered
The following Courses Offered as Below for Gandhi Medical College:
S No Department 1 Anatomy 2 Biochemistry 3 Cardiology 4 Cardio Thoracic Surgery 5 Dental 6 Dermatology 7 TB & CD 8 Urology 9 Radiology 10 Pharmacology 11 Pathology 12 Orthopedics 13 Ophthalmology 14 Gynecology and Obstetrics 15 Neurosurgery 16 Neurology 17 Nephrology 18 MicroBiology 19 Gastroenterology 20 ENT 21 Endocrinology 22 Plastic Surgery 23 Anesthesiology 24 SPM 25 DGO 26 DCH 27 Psychiatry 28 Forensic Medicine 29 General Surgery 30 Paediatrics 31 TB Respiratory Medicine 32 General Medicine
No candidate shall be admitted to the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) course until he/she has completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the academic year in which the candidate is seeking admission.
Following Steps are Below
1. No candidate shall be admitted to the first Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) course until he/she has passed a qualifying examination as under. a) Two years intermediate examination of Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh under 10+2 pattern with Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology or Biology as optional which shall include a practical test in each subject.
2. Any other examination (of 10+2pattern) recognised by the University in Andhra Pradesh or Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects which shall include a practical test in each of these subjects.
3. The pre-professional / premedical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination or the PreUniversity or an equivalent examination.
4. The pre-medical course may be conducted either in a Medical College or Science College.
5. The marks obtained in Mathematics are not to be considered for admission to MBBS course.
6. Candidates possessing qualification of the University / Board of an institution outside the State should produce a Certificate of Equivalence from the Registrar, Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada.